Get ready for some holiday cheer!
You can find fun and interesting things to do in Austin on any given day of the week, but there is no better time to check out what Austin has to offer than during the holiday season. Grab a latte or hot cocoa get cozy and start making your weekend fun list with these great options.
– Capital caroling and tree lighting 6pm – Get ready for a sing-a-long of epic proportions. Head over to the State Capital for the annual tree lighting ceremony and caroling.
– Lake Travis Holiday Boat Parade 6pm – Celebrate the holiday lake style while watching decorated boats cruise over the water. Parade begins at Crosswater Yacht Club and ends at Gnarly Gar.
– German Christmas Market @ the German Free School of Austin 10am-5:30pm. German food, entertainment and unique shopping make this a great event. 507 E.10th Street
– Fredricksburg Fun 11am – Take a day trip to the quaint town of Fredricksburg for some holiday cheer. The Christmas Home Tour begins at 11am and allows to you view gorgeous local homes decorated for the holidays. Stop by downtown after to check out all the local shops and the Christmas Bazaar event going on from 1pm-9pm.
– A Magic Cirque Christmas @ 4pm & 8pm – Get your tickets to this incredible family friendly show. Circus acts and Christmas carols will have everyone in your family on a holiday high. ACL Live 310 Willie Nelson Blvd
– Old Town Christmas Festival in Leander 11am-8pm – Old Town Leander transforms into a Christmas wonderland with a light parade, snow zone, pictures with Santa and plenty of activities for little ones. Free event, some activities may have a fee. 100 N.Brushy Creek, Leander
– Vintage Market Days in Dripping Springs 10am-5pm – This must see holiday shopping event will have you checking off all the people on your gift list..and maybe even a few things for you. Buy tickets in advance or at the door.
Daily (see dates and times for each)
– Mozart’s Coffee Roasters Annual Lights Show Nov 19th-Jan 2nd 6-11pm – this free event is perfect to get you in the holiday mood. Make sure to head there early since it does get crowded. 3825 Lake Austin Blvd.
– Ballet Austins The Nutcracker December 8-23 – Celebrate the magic of the holidays with this iconic performance of a Christmas classic. Held at the Long Center
– Blue Genie Art Bazaar Nov 23-Dec 24 10am-10pm – Get your holiday gift shopping done with unique pieces from this long running shopping bazaar. With over 200 local artists displaying everything from jewelry and clothing to housewares and prints, you will find some great presents to put under the tree.
– Austin Trail of Lights @ Zilker Park Dec 10-23 7pm-10pm. One of the oldest traditions in Austin is the Trail of Lights held at Zilker Park. With over 66 light displays, food, live music and of course Santa, this will have kids and adults in the festive spirit. To buy tickets in advance visit Austin Trail of Lights.
– Los Pines Christmas in Bastrop Nov 24-Dec 23 – Celebrate the holiday season in downtown Bastrop. With mains street decorated, shops full of holiday gifts, food and wine events and activities for the kids, it’s a great place to take a day trip. Dec 8th is the Snow Day with snow slides and play areas for the whole family. visit Lost Pines Christmas for more information.
– Gingerbread Village at the Four Seasons Nov 20-Dec 25 – Each year the Four Seasons Pastry Chefs create a wonderful gingerbread village in the lobby for the public to enjoy. This years theme is Winter Wonderland.
– Winter Wonderland at Circuit of the Americas Dec 8 – Dec 30 6-10pm – Over a million lights luminate holiday installations at this true wonderland experience. Activities include Santas Workshop, a petting zoo, a human snow globe and holiday movies on the lawn. Food and drinks available for purchase. Get tickets in advance at Winter Wonderland.
– Ice Skating on the Rooftop @ Whole Foods Nov 24- Jan 15 – Stop by Whole Foods flagship store for some time on the rink. $10 per person. See link for dates and times Whole Foods.
– A Christmas Carole at the Zach Theatre Nove 21-Dec 30 – The iconice Christmas tale is mixed with modern songs for a fun twist and holiday cheer for the whole family. Tickets available at Zach Theatre.
There are so many holiday events in and around Austin to help get you in the spirit. Enjoy the time with family and friends and Happy Holidays!